Saturday, March 24, 2012

Incentive to get work done

I've been very busy teaching classes this month. Between STARS classes, after school program, and home school students, my days are spent scurrying between schools and restocking supplies.

Yosemite Falls from Sentinel Bridge
Original Watercolor, 9x12" unframed $200
However, the upcoming Stanislaus Artists Open Studio weekend is coming up fast -- April 14-15! I am working hard to get some new work done for that weekend. I just finished a couple of new small paintings, and one larger one that I'm happy with.

Laundry Day
Original Watercolor, 22 x 30" framed $900
Prints also Available
I will also be demonstrating a work in progress during the event. If anyone attended last year, you might remember that was the weekend I started "Laundry Day". It ended up taking a couple of months to complete. But I think it turned out nicely, and it is for sale.

I've been making steady progress on my next children's book as well, and should have a sample copy for viewing and pre-purchase. My goal is to have it finished by June. The title is "Patient for Pumpkins." It features trips to the local farmer's market, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and the rewards of being patient.

Back to work...


No comments:

Post a Comment