Friday, July 5, 2013

Doodling Away the Summer

Rainbow Doodle, by Linda Knoll 2011
$300 original 9x12"
Prints and Cards are Available
My latest fascination is with the style that has lately been referred to as "Zentangle." But I think that name was only coined recently by an entrepreneurial person who thought (rightly) that it could be used to sell things.

I remember making similar doodles when I was fairly young... pre-teen maybe.

The first one recently was "Rainbow Doodle" which I started out of boredom, but became obsessed with the summer before last. It was totally random! I just started with a pen, and kept going. No sketch. No idea where it was going to end up.

I ended up liking it so much, I ordered a custom phone case with the image.

The others have followed in a more, or less thematic, sometimes more literal interpretation of things. My next favorite is "Fossil Doodle" inspired by a book I was using to research a new picture book I'm working on. LOVE those ammonites and trilobites. In progress is a doodle inspired by my back yard.

Having fun... hope you are too!
Fossil Doodle, Linda Knoll 2013
$300 original 9x12"
Prints and Cards are Available
Rainbow Pools, Linda Knoll 2013
$300 original 9x12"
Prints and Cards are Available
Backyard Doodle (in progress), Linda Knoll 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment