Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Jumping on the Coloring Book Bandwagon

"Drought Resistant" doodle with succulents. 18"x24" watercolor with ink. 2015
A few years back, I started making some "doodles". Truthfully, I've doodled all my life during meetings, classes and in waiting rooms. So, when I recently read (and heard from friends) that coloring books for grownups are a hot topic, I decided these doodles could fill the void.

My most recent doodles involved a little more planning, detail, and have become finished pieces with watercolor.  The problem? I neglected to scan most of my early doodles prior to putting the color in. Dummy!

So now, I'm in the process of making a collection of new doodles which will be collected in a book. Most of them will be plants, animals, insects, flowers and the like. I plan to have it ready for the holidays. Below are a few samples.

The original doodles can be seen in this post: http://lindaknollart.blogspot.com/2013/07/doodling-away-summer.html or http://lindaknollart.blogspot.com/2013/08/back-yard-doodle.html

Please let me know if you'd like to reserve a copy. Email llknoll@gmail.com for information.

Closeup of mushroom doodle.

Section of "Drought Resistant" succulent doodle.


No comments:

Post a Comment