Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Its Open Studio Time Again

For the 7th year, I am participating in the Stanislaus Artist Open Studio next weekend, April 22-23. It sure seems like I don't get very much art made sometimes, but after going through the studio and trying to get things in order, there is actually quite a bit of new material!

To start with, we've had a really nice figure drawing group going down at Mistlin Gallery. So I have quite a few figure sketches and drawings. I switch up my medium every few weeks, so there is quite a variety, from ink to watercolor to charcoal and pencil.
Figure sketches, Linda Knoll, 2016/2017

Last fall, my dad and I embarked on a woodworking project using my drawings. We digitized the drawings from Nature Beauty (my coloring book), and took them to our local maker space, the Downtown Tinkertank, to laser etch lidded boxes and ornaments. I originally meant for my coloring book stationary to go in the boxes, but as many customers just like the boxes... and I have to admit they turned out pretty cool. For the tour, I will still have an assortment to choose from, and I'll take custom orders too!

Wood boxes with laser etched drawings, approx. 7 x 10 inches

Laser cut wood ornaments

I have a box of my Nature Beauty coloring books left over from last year. I'll be giving some away to Open Studio visitors. I think I've finally got the courage to color the original drawings too.

Along with lots of paintings, collage, and drawings, I have my children's books, Over in the Valley and Patient for Pumpkins, and our family cookbook, Bernie Bread.

Joining me at my studio are good friends, Chris Obers and Kate Pethoud. They have some awesome work to share as well.

I will have tour guides (your ticket) for $10 which lets you into my studio and the other 55 around Stanislaus County. Or you can purchase them at Mistlin Gallery. Please email if you have any questions. I hope you'll join us.

If you can't make it, I have some art in a couple of different venues for the next month or so. Three of my pictures are at the Ironstone Vineyards Obsession Art Show in Murphys, CA. One piece, Morning Shadows, won an Award of Merit!
Pieces showing at Ironstone Vineyards: Cows at the Cross 10x10" watercolor, Morning Shadows 14x20" watercolor, and  The Cat and the Hat 12x18" watercolor.

Many of my older pieces are hanging in the book sale room at the Groveland Public Library through June. Its nice to find friendly folks willing to get art into the public eye. This show is open Saturdays from 11-3 on Highway 120 in Groveland, CA.


No comments:

Post a Comment